Who doesn’t love a little appetizer before a meal? Be it bread and butter, chips and salsa, or a bowl of soup, it is always on the agenda when dining out. Here at Farm Stand it is no different- we love them! One we particularly adore and would like to share with you today is the Middle-Eastern dip, hummus.
Made primarily of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, hummus is a thick (but light in flavor!) dip that goes with anything from pita, to vegetables, or even as a spread on a sandwich! Here we are going to give you a quick and easy recipe to make your very own hummus at home.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
2) Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
3) Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
4) Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.